On 21 October 2015, the Israel Patent Office published amendments 1 and 2 to the patent regulations for 2015.
The amendments come into effect as of 20 December 2015.
The first amendment regulates:
- Electronic filing of patent applications, documents and notices and the requirement for applicants to identify themselves
- Receipt of Office Actions and other documents by email from the Israel Patent Office
- Intermediate requests in inter-partes actions
- How documents should be exchanged in inter-partes actions
- How printed submissions should be made, and that the front-page is no longer required
- How post-allowance amendments should be made
- The request for applications to be signed has been cancelled
- The obligation on Mentor to alert the Patent Office regarding the start of training for trainee patent attorneys and when they have to do this
- Appeals to the Commissioner regarding non-final rejections
- Discounts in filing fees for Schools of Higher Education and Tech Transfer Companies
Applicants wishing to file on line have to identify themselves with a smart card, and the way such smart cards may be obtained has been published.
Those wishing to receive Office Actions by email are provided with a link for so-doing.
There is a training day for patent attorneys to learn the new system. This will be held at the Israel Patent Office on 15 December 2015 between 9:30 and 12:00.
Categories: Israel IP, Israel Patent, Israel Patent Agency, Israel Patent Office, Israel Patent Office Rulings, Israel Related, Patent Attorneys, patent office circular, Patents, Tech Transfer, החלטת ביניים, החלטת רשות הפטנטים, עורכי פטנטים, פטנט, פטנטים, קניין רוחני, קנין רוחני